shrii varalaxmii namastubhyam ...

Ravi Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Fri Aug 11 13:01:10 CDT 2000

This is kriti by shrii muttusvaami diixitar. It is from

http://www.medieval.org/music/world/carnatic/lyrics/shri_varalakshmi.html

shrAvaNapaurNamIpUrvasthashukravAre
chArumatIprabhR^itibhih pUjitAkAre

AUM varalaxmyai namaH

Ravi

-----------------------

shrI varalakshmi namastubhyam

I have used the transliteration scheme used for documents at the
Sanskrit document site.

pallavi
shrI varalakshmi namastubhyam vasuprate
shrI sArasapade rasapade sapade pade pade .. shrI..

anupallavi
bhAvajajanakaprANavallabhe suvarNAbhe .
bhAnukotisamAnaprabhe bhaktasulabhe
sevakajanapAlinyai shritapa.nkajamAlinyai
kevalaguNashAlinyai keshavahritkhelinyai .. shrI..

charaNam.h

shrAvaNapaurNamIpUrvasthashukravAre
chArumatIprabhR^itibhih pUjitAkAre
devAdiguruguhasamarpitamaNimayahAre
dInajanasa.nrakshaNanipuNakanakadhAre
bhAvanAbhedachature bhAratIsannutavare
kaivalyavitaraNapare kA.nkshitaphalapradakare .. shrI..

A summary of the meaning (translated from Tamil):

I offer my saluations to You who are the beloved Wife of ShrI NarayaNA,
the Father of Manmata (Cupid).
Golden coloured, You have the lustre of a crore suns.
You are easily accessible to your devotees.
Charumati and others do puja to you on the Friday before the full moon
day in the month of shraavaNa (the month of AvaNi, in the Tamil
calendar).
You wear the necklace of nine gems that was given to you by the devAs
and Guruguhan (Lord MurugA?).
You bless the poor devotees with wealth in order to protect them.
You have a mind that is one with you Husband.
Sarasvati, the Goddess of knowledge praises you.
You bless us with immortality and You give us what we wish for.
You protect Your devotees.
Wearing a garland of lotus flowers, You are the embodiment of goodness,
and play in the heart of Keshava.

Source: Vainika Vidwan A. Sundaram Iyer: Sri Dikshita Kirtanamala. Music
Books Publishers, Mylapore, Madras - 600004

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.