Hindu Trinity

Sankaran Kartik Jayanarayanan kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Apr 26 18:19:25 CDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Raghavendra Hebbalalu wrote:

[..]

> > 3) Why is Brahma not worshipped as widely as Shiva
> > and
> >    VishNu?
>
> Though I do not know the exact reasons apart from
> those mentioned in the purANas, we can speculate.

There is no need to. GauDapaada gives the answer in his GauDapaadIya
kArikA, a commentary on the mANDUkya upanishhad: according to
ajAta-advaita, there is no creation and therefore no creator. Hence the
refutation of the worship of a creator.

(note: a-jAta = no-birth. ajAta-advaita teaches that reality has no birth,
no creation)

> Regards,
> Raghavendra.

Regards,