Jeevanmukti and Advaita

Devendra Vyas dev_vyas74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 20 22:19:12 CDT 1999

indeed ,both the worlds the external as well as the internal are presently
unknown to us and unknowable by us as long we view them through the mind(or
maya)only by transcending the mind can we know the essential nature of
internal as well as external reality-which is actually the same nondual
reality.this one fact is most difficult to understand--there is only one not
many,nonduality is free from many and 'rest of the things' and many is free
from nonduality --he who sees the wave does not see the ocean and he who
sees the ocean does not see the wave(even saying that'he who sees the ocean'
brings in duality:but we have to use this terminology for convenience).it
can be said that jivanmuktas are free but are bound to see duality as long
as prarabdha persists,but are no longer deluded by it.eg:a person after he
knows that a mirage is mirage will still see the mirage in the desert but
will not be deluded by it.also
in the case of avtaras like sriramakrishna ,sriramakrishna himself has said
that a trace of maya-or 'ripe ego' was maintained by him till his mission on
earth was not over i.e.,maya in name only---devendra.vyas.

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org