Bhagavad Gita IV.13

Ravi miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 28 17:23:45 CDT 1999

--- Ashish Chandra <ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> I asked the swamiji how can we discriminate as to what our true karma
> is. He
> said that whatever situation you are in, do your best so as to
> exhaust your
> karma here. When I said "what about Varna and Ashram dharma?", his
> reply
> wasn't quite convincing.

namaste Ashish:

Can you post the svAmiji's reply (if he has not prohibited your from
doing so)?

> 2) Why is there no lateral movement within the Varnas allowed (I told
> him
> that a Jati could switch if it so wished but not an individual. I
> also gave
> him the example of Adi Shankara converting tribes of Balucchis to
> Kshatriyas
> during his travels.)

Can you give me  a pointer to the source of this incident? I do not
remember reading it mAdhava-vidyAraNya's shankara dig vijaya. I might
have missed it. I should read it one more time carefully.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ravi

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam