saguNa and nirguNa are the same

Vaidya Sundaram Vaidya_Sundaram at I2.COM
Thu Nov 11 14:58:48 CST 1999

 Yes. That is my understanding also.
 Although as advaitins, some of us do not take sources like the bhagavtam as
authoritative, nevertheless, this extremely important topic has been discussed
quite extensively there. Refer to the exchange been Jada Bharatha and the king
rahuganan - the king use analogies that should be used only in the context of
vyavahArika to explain the paramAtika. jada bharatha corrects him and this
discourse is quite informative in my opinion.

bhava shankara desikame sharaNam
Vaidya.

"Ravisankar S. Mayavaram" <miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM> on 11/10/99 02:22:30 PM

Please respond to List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
      <ADVAITA-L at braincells.com>

This is my understanding.  Please do correct me.

What is known as saguNa-brahman in vyaavahaarika is realized by j~naani
as nirguNa-brahman in paaramaarthika. In that sense, they are the same.

In the paaramaarthika satyam there is only nirguNa brahman and that
state is beyond duality.