Practical Vedanta

Sunder Hattangadi gourish at INTERNET1.NET
Sat May 8 19:22:38 CDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
To: <ADVAITA-L at advaita-vedanta.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 1999 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Practical Vedanta

| > http://sdlcfsn.cs.iitm.ernet.in/tutor.html
|
| It's nice, but please don't call it "practical vedAnta". As I said
| "practical vedAnta"  is a misnomer.
|
| Rama

Please refer to Swami Vivekananda's series of lectures in London
(Complete Works, Vol 2), titled "Practical Vedanta".

The use of an adjective does not always or necessarily imply the
existence or validity of its opposite. It only means "PRACTISE IT", and
not just have an intellectual grasp of it. In a previous response I had
also mentioned "Vedanta is nothing if not practical, but it has to be
practised".