SankarAcArya's bhagavad gItA bhAshya: 2. 19-20

Tue Jun 8 18:37:21 CDT 1999

Anand V. Hudli <anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> For comparison, madhusUdana sarasvatI gives an interpretation to the
> verse, reading "bhavitA" rather than "abhavitA".

Oh, that was a very nice interpretation. I hadn't thought of splitting the
words this way. It is interesting how both the words bhavitA and abhavitA
could be interpreted this way, depending upon context. With Arjuna (gItA 3.
2), one might say that the text speaks in riddles. It requires the great
insight of Sankara or Madhusudana to guide our understanding of these
verses.

Vidyasankar