Nature of Consciousness

praveen Tiwari praveen_kt at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 05:12:03 CDT 1999

Hi (Ganesh),

In my opinion Vedas are called Apaurusheya because they are free from the
limitation of human body and mind. Normally, any creation by human being
suffers from 6 inherent defects like Pramada (forgetfullness), Bripalipsa
(attachments towards one's own ideas), Karanapaatava etc (I don't remember
them all) which are present in the creator. Now, the Vedas are spontaneous
utterances of the Realized masters and in them there was no personal self.
They were One with universe. Any expression thru their body and mind is
therefore an expression free from personality(Purusha) defects.

Therefore, the Vedas are called Apaurusheya. I think, I have read somewhere
(in biography of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhamsa) that Bhagwan and Bhagwat are
One. Therefore, the confusion that " either SAstra is the source for the
knowledge of Brahman or that Brahman is the source for the SAstras" is
resolved.

Hari Om!

Praveen