Thank You

Tue Jul 27 11:37:52 CDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Greg Goode wrote:

> Yes, Robert's original question was about consciousness being the medium of
> all human expression, and brain states being a key factor in
> consciousness.  He didn't mention the Vedas at all in that question.

But the relevance for Advaita Vedanta is that it does not draw its
conclusions from the fact of consciousness but the Vedic treatment of the
fact of consciousness.

> This has been repeatedly observed on this list.  Many people have left the
> list, not because of religious or philosophical differences, but because of
> the harsh character of some of the messages.

At the risk of sounding harsh, such weak-minded people are never going to
get anywhere.  Obviously they have never seen a real Internet flamefest.
Nothing on this list has even come close.  Alot of people put a lot of
their precious time into helping people understand the subject. Sometimes
people are disappointed in the answers.  Actual harshness is low.  And
what there is, _is_ due to religious and philosophical differences. This
cannot just be papered over.  Yes politeness is a virtue but it is
secondary to truth.

Let strive to be less harsh.  But let's also remember why our Devas are
also shown in ugra forms like Bhairava or Narasimha or Mahakali.  Truth
doesn't always wear a pretty face.