Advaita and advaita vedanta?

Tue Jul 20 10:23:08 CDT 1999

Advaita is an adjective meaning non-dual.  Presumably it could modify a
number of different nouns other than Vedanta but here it is just used as a
shorthand.  (like scotch is short for scotch whiskey.)  However there are
some people who take a random hodge-podge of  of concepts and call that
"advaita" so I prefer to spell it out--advaita vedanta.  The extra typing
is worth it for the extra clarity.