Aranyakaparva of MBh. and Yudhishtir-Yaksha Samvaad

Wed Jul 14 21:04:21 CDT 1999

Ashish,

Go to the Oriental division of the New York Public Library on 42nd street
and ask for the translation of the Mahabharata done by Prof. J.A.B. Van
Buitenen.  This is the most scholarly (and literate) translation I've
seen. Unfortunately the esteemed professor died before he could complete
the work and I don't know if anyone took up the work but the
Aranyakaparvan was definitely done.  They will also have good Hindi
translations too.  (And no doubt some truly awful ones.)