New member introduction: shrI Balaji C. Sarman

Ravisankar Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Sun Jan 10 15:11:23 CST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 10 Jan 99 19:11:43 IST
From: Balaji C Sarman <cbaji at usa.net>
To: msr at isc.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: []

Dear Shri Ravi Mayavaram,

Namaste!

Thank you for your message and very sorry for this late reply.   You had asked
me for a brief introduction about my (Advaita) self and here it goes.

I belong to a very Religious and Orthodox family and I am 24 years old.  I
never knew that there was something called as Advaita Vedanta existed until I
came across the thundering words and works of  Swami  Vivekananda six years
before.  From then on I started attending the daily discourses at the
Ramakrishna Math at Bangalore (I am based at Bangalore) for nearly two years.
During that time there were not  much youth activities going on in the math
except for these weekend discourses and an yearly once "Spiritual Retreat"
for the youth.  It was an accidental Youth meet of the Chinmaya Mission which
brought me among youngsters with similar wavelength (in thinking).  Now I am
an active participant of the Chinmaya Mission and it^Òs youth wing called the
Chinmaya Yuva Kendra (CHYK) since the last three years.   Profoundly inspired
by the thoughts of Gurudev Swami Chinmayanandaji, all my attempts are to make
these thoughts my own and put them into action.  At the Yuva Kendra we hold
weekly classes for an hour and a half discussing Gurudev^Òs works and extending
the same to various aspects.  As far as my knowledge in the Advaita Philosophy
is concerned I don^Òt know how much I know.  But one thing is sure, once I came
into the fold of Vedanta, there was some sort of satisfaction that I am not
able to get from other sources now.

I think this much introduction should suffice.

With Warm Regards,
Hari Om.
Balaji