Auestion

Vivekananda Centre vivekananda at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Feb 3 16:14:01 CST 1999

Ref question from Manjunath Rao

Why was this world created?

Many interesting levels of answers.

Advaitins will say - there is but one and no world has been created - what
you see and what you call world is really a mixture of real and unreal so
the question does not have to be answered in relation to the real.

Dvait will say - leela - it is play for the sake of the play - children
playing do not have to be given reason to play - they just play  - sheer
fun.
Many will say not really 'fun' but dvaitis will say even 'misery' is part of
the game.

Pragmatists will say - Why ask me? I did not create  - go and ask Him :-)

Surely there are many more interesting answers on the list?

jay
Vivekananda Centre