Some Vedic sacrifices of this century

Nataraj BV ntj3 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 17 15:26:56 CST 1999

--- Sankaran Jayanarayanan <kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU> wrote:
[snip]

> not judging someone who is eating meat as prescribed by his or her
> parents. Most Americans eat meat because their parents have asked them to
> do so, and I think that's OK. The paramAchArya also says that some people
> who do certain kinds of physical toil can eat meat.

It may be OK for you. But I don't think the animals would like to be slaughtered.
You seem to pay no attention to the pain and suffering that the animals go through.
How does advaita treat physical pain? Is the pain and suffering that the animals go
through also considered mithya? Does "experience" have any place at all in advaita? Or is
it rejected completely?

Regards
-Nataraj

[snip]