NYC/Sanskrit teacher?

Wed Dec 15 13:35:27 CST 1999

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Greg Goode wrote:

> No, it's on Broadway between Prince and Spring St., the Atmananda Yoga Center.

Oh, I know where that one is too.

> Yes, Americans do say Daarrmaa.

Careless Americans.  I've met some with very good pronounciation
too.  What I tell people is to pronounce the sounds like in French or
Italian.  The Romance languages are much closer to Sanskrit than
English.  If one knows Latin or Ancient Greek it's even better.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.