NYC/Sanskrit teacher?

Sreekanth Sathayanarayana Sreekanth.Sathyanarayana at ENG.SUN.COM
Thu Dec 9 14:10:50 CST 1999

namaste,

Greg, I am replying to your query on Sanskrit teacher. There is an organization
called Samskrita Bharathi. The URL is

http://www.samskrita-bharati.org/

We have sanskrit classes going on on a regular basis in Bay Area, CA under the
auspicies of Samskrita bharathi. This organization is dedicated to bring
Samskrita into regular day to day lives. We had a class few months back in the
Bay area which was conducted by one of the full time volunteers of Samskrita
Bharathi. The teacher's name is Vasuvaj. He can be contacted at
vasuvaj at hotmail.com. Please check with him if he could be of some help to you.

DhanyavAdaH
Sreekanth

> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:51:31 -0500
> From: Greg Goode <goode at DPW.COM>
> Subject: NYC/Sanskrit teacher?
> Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara > Greetings
to Advaitins!

> Friends of mine at a yoga center downtown in New York City are mounting a
> yoga teacher's training course.  I am helping out, and we are looking for a
> knowledgeable person to teach the Sanskrit alphabet, sounds, esoteric
> correspondences, basic verses, chants, mantras, etc.  The schedule will
> start in January, and the teacher would be needed for an hour or two each
> week or two, perhaps for a period of 6 months.  Perhaps we could compress
> the schedule some more.  Any suggestions?  Knowledge of Vedanta or
> Patanjali-yoga-sutras very helpful, but not necessary.  Compensation
> offered, but I'm not sure of the terms yet.
>
> Reply to Greg at <goode at dpw.com>, or call 212-734-6289.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --Greg

  \                       SREEKANTH SATHYANARAYANA                \
   \  SUN Microsystems Inc,         \   575, S. Rengstorff Ave,    \
    \  17, Network Circle,           \   Apt #119                   \
     \  Willow Road at Bayfront Expwy \   Mountain View, CA 94040    \
      \  Menlo Park, CA 94025          \                              \
        \   Ph (Work): (650)-786-7741    \  Ph (Home): (650) 210-9634   \
         \       Fax : (650)-786-2512     \                              \
           \ E-mail: sreek at jurassic.eng.sun.com, sreekanth at eng.sun.com     \

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org