Note on Vedic shAkhAs

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 31 09:32:16 CDT 1999

Namaste All,

Thanks Jaladhar for the clarification on Rshi Veda Vyas = Badarayana =
Krishna Dwaypayana.

Jaladhar wrote :
>Btw I would find better uses of my time than reading Frawley.  He is
>associated more with the right-wing lunatic fringe than traditional
>Hinduism.

Exactly what is this "right-wing lunatic fringe" ? And how is it that this
fringe does not stand for traditional Hinduism ? I would like to know if you
have a basis for these statements.

>  But in this case he is mostly right.  This katha is told in the
>Vshnupurana and possibly others too.  However the reason for calling them
>white and black as I have heard is as Anand said.  In the Krshnayajurveda
>the Samhita and Brahmana parts are mixed up.  In the Shuklayajurveda they
>are seperate.

I think the mix up is because I could not recall from memory what Sh. David
Frawley has written, not because he wrote it wrong. I have met him and he is
very knowledgeable and polite.

Dhanyavad
ashish