New member introduction: shrI John Bardisban

Ravi msr at COMCO.COM
Tue Aug 17 19:20:26 CDT 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:47:13 +1000
From: John Bardisban <bardisba at bigpond.com>
To: msr at comco.com
Subject: Brief Introduction

Greetings to all from Australia.

I was first exposed to Advaita Vedanta back in the late 60s,
early 70s when I read for the first time translations of the
major Upanishads, Bhagavad-Gita and the Brahma-Sutras with
the commentaries by Shankara. My interest in learning more
about Advaita is as strong now as it was 30 years ago.

Other areas of interest include transpersonal psychology,
existential psychotherapy and the general subject of
comparative mysticism. Within the subject of mysticism I am
particularly interested in the long running debate between
Forman and Katz on the possibility of what is called the
'pure consciousness event' (PCE) or 'consciousness per se'.

Cheers.