New member introduction: P.G. van Oyen

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Sun Aug 1 13:11:14 CDT 1999

--- Forwarded Message ---

From: "P.G. van Oyen / Conversion Productions" <vanoyen at daxis.nl>
Fri 22:51
Subject: Re: W E L C O M E to A D V A I T A - L
To:   "Ravi" <msr at comco.com>

Dear Mr Mayavaram

Thank you for welcoming me to the advaita list.
I noticed the existence of the list when browsing through the advaita
sites
on internet.
I am a Dutch national aged 55 and I have spent some 30 years studying
advaita vedanta through the School of Economic Science in London which
is
closely co-operating with Shankaracarya Ashram, Allahabad (the line of
Shri
Brahmananda Sarasvati, Shri Shantananda Sarasvati and the current Shri
Vasudevananda Sarasvati)
I have been in charge of the School of Philosophy in the Ntherlands for
12
years until 1997 when I left that organisation.
I am now author and translator in the field of advaita vedanta and early
christianity. My chief interest is to show and prove that early
Christianity
is a form of (advaita) vedanta or at least very closely related to it.
I have published some hymns of Shankara and I am now working on a
translation of Vivekacudamani together with a commentary (in the Dutch
language of course). For this effort I am particularly indebted to HH
Shri
Candrasekhara Bharati of Sringeri Math for his learned and lucid
rendering
of the same.
My knowledge of Sanskrita language is basic.

Best regards,
Paul G. van Oyen