Defense of later advaitin-s (was An advaita vedAnta toolkit, etc)

Mon Oct 5 14:04:32 CDT 1998

> It has been claimed by many people that the "authenticity" of any text
> should be checked with the contents of the BSB. I disagree. There is
> absolutely no reason why every text of Sh should have the same
> explanations as found in the BSB.

If you are talking about the prakaranas, then I agree but it but it is
absolutely necessary that the interpretations of the prasthana trayi
should be consistent if Shankaracharya is to be taken seriously as a
philosophe by Indian standards not to mention Western ones.  Thus Swami
Sacchidanandendras method is valid even if his conclusions may not be.

Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at>

"bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam"
List archives :