Vidyaranya

Chelluri Chelluri at AOL.COM
Sun May 3 17:07:13 CDT 1998

                                             om
Greetings!

Could anyone help me find a source where I can obtain biographic information
on Sri Vidyaranya associated with Sringeri Math and help establish
vijayanagara empire.     Thanks.

                                                     Nagy

>From  Sun May  3 18:36:41 1998
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 18:36:41 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Re: Vidyaranya
Comments: To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Chelluri wrote:

> Could anyone help me find a source where I can obtain biographic information
> on Sri Vidyaranya associated with Sringeri Math and help establish
> vijayanagara empire.     Thanks.

The Age of Vidyaranya, by K.R.Venkataraman, M.K. Venkatarama Iyer and
K.R.Srinivasan.

The first part is the history of Vidyaranya and is by the first author,
Retired Director of Public Instruction, and  also a member of the
Historical record commission, Govt of India. The second part is about
Vidyaranya's contribution to advaita and by the second author who is a
scholar of advaita. The third part is about architecture and sculpture
related to Vidyaranya and is by the third author who was the Deputy
Director General, Arch. survey of India. As you can see, each author is
eminent in his own field.

I strongly recommend this to anyone interested in Vidyaranya.

Rama.