Garland of Sacred Knowledge, Pt. 6

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM
Thu Mar 26 11:13:48 CST 1998

sarvebhyo namaH,
  Here are shloka(s) eleven and twelve of
Continuous Garland of Sacred Knowledge:

  antaryaamisvaruupo.aham.h
kuuTasthaH sarvago.asmyaham.h |
  paramaatmasvaruupo.aham.h
ahamevaahamavyayaH || 11 ||

  "I regulate (control) the internal
feelings as uniform substances (ethereal
elements), I am all-pervading. I am
entirely the nature of the Soul of the
Universe (the limitless Self).  I am
indeed That. I am imperishable." (11)

  niShkalo.ahaM niShkriyo.aham.h
sarvaatmaadyaH sanaatanaH |
  aparokShasvaruupo.aham.h
ahamevaahamavyayaH || 12 ||

  "I drive away, I redeem, I am the Self
of all, primeval, eternal (perpetual).
I am of the nature of perceptibility.
I am indeed That. I am imperishable." (12)

Note: Regarding "niShkala", there are many
mantras in the R^igVeda stating that evil
forces/actions are driven away (expelled)
from those offering sacrifices/prayers to
God/the Universal Soul/highest Consciousness,
if they only pray for this. That is how I
interpret this word, because if external and
internal evils are driven away, we can be
redeemed and led to true j~naana.

Another Note:  "Perceptibility" also means
perceivability, discernibility, evidence,
demonstration, knowable.

OM shaantiH shaantiH shaantiH

dhanyavaadaH,
  Mantralaura