neti neti

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Thu Mar 26 20:17:59 CST 1998

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Gregory Goode wrote:

> At 12:23 PM 3/26/98 -0330, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:
> >Namaste.
> >
> >If an aspirant is in ajnAna and still says or thinks that he/she is
> >not in ajnAna, he/she is still in ajnAna, irrespective of what the
> >"claim" is. The "claim" does not matter. AjnAna/jnAna is not measured
> >by what a jeeva says or claims. I think it cannot be measured. A true
> >test of jnAni is to be oblivious to and above these measures.
>
> Would you say that someone who said they are in jnAna are ALSO in ajnAna?
>
> --Greg

Namaste.

In my view, yes, although it is upto individual jeeva to make its own
assessment.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Yadaa sarve pramucyante kaamaa ye'sya hr^di shritaah
atha martyo'mr^to bhavatyatra brahma samashnute   Katha Upanishhad II.3.14

When all the desires that dwell in the heart fall away, then the mortal
becomes immortal, and attains Brahman even here.