naaraayaNa gaayatrii

Tue Mar 10 00:04:05 CST 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 Chelluri at AOL.COM wrote:

>                                              Om Namasivaya
>
> Ravi your point is well taken. rudeness and impoliteness does not belong.
>
> Sri Vyas used the wrong word I think.  May be it has different meaning.

I meant what I said and frankly I didn't think it was so bad but that kind
of thing is in the eye of the beholder so I accept it.

> Some fake swamis and socalled fake saints are out there for money.  It is our
> responsibility to alert whom we like.   Most people believe one who calls
> himself a swami or swamini.

Cult of personality is common in our religion--look at how the Vaishnavas
treat their Goswamis for example but in Advaita Vedanta it is a new (and
revolting) development.

> Recently I posted an ugly act by paramacharya not
> giving tirtham to an young tamilian girl because she became a widow.  Is it
> her fault?
> Nobody made any comment except Ramachandran about changing attitudes with
> changing times.  I know the reason too.  Most blindly believe ceaser's wife
> can not be wrong.

I saw the post but couldn't respond to it at the time but I will now.

> One more thing I disagree with Adi shankara's guru, it does not become a focal
> point to condemn me.   A simple request of restraint suffice.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning anything that sounds
fishy The words Guru and Acharya men teacher nothing more, nothing less
and answering questions and removing doubt is what they are there for.