Bouddha Encounter

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Mon Mar 2 10:13:31 CST 1998

At 10:29 AM 3/2/98 -0500, Chandran, Nanda (NBC) wrote:
>Last weekend I'd the opportunity to meet and talk with a Srilankan
>Buddhist monk. One of my Srilankan Tamil friends took me to meet him in
>a small house in Queens, Newyork.

If you ever go back, let me know, I'll go with you...

>But it struck me, isn't defining Brahman to be Existence, Intelligence
>and Infinite, itself limited to the power of our intellect only?

Yes, in fact ANYTHING that is said is from the intellect.  What else, or
more, or less would you expect....?

>Is our
>statement that you cannot negate the negator, the result of our ego
>asserting itself?

Remember the tale told my Sri Ramakrishna, Ramana Maharshi and others about
spiritual concepts and practices being nothing more than a thorn, used to
remove another thorn from the flesh.  When the thorn is removed from the
flesh, then both thorns are thrown away.

>Can it be positively said that there cannot be nothing
>at the end?  What if everything just evaporates at the end?

Even if everything does evaporate at the end, as in pralaya or the
dissolution of the universe, there will be consciousness.  Otherwise, how
is dissolution known?

--Greg