|| shrI sha.nkarAchArya aShTottara-shata-nAmAvaliH ||

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Jun 11 13:37:16 CDT 1998

AUM kalilAsayAtrasaMprApta chandramauliprapUjakAya namaH

I bow to shrI shankara who after reaching kailAsam (abode of Lord shiva)
and worshipped him as chandramaulIshvara. The shiva li"ngAm-s he brought
back from the trip are still being worshipped at the maTham-s established
by shrI shankara.

>From  Thu Jun 11 19:21:41 1998
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:21:41 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: [Fwd: Vivekachudamani and Sanskrit for MS Word Utility]
Comments: To: Advaita-L <advaita-l at tamu.edu>

Something which may be of interest (from the INDOLOGY list)

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:49:02 -0400
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian <ramakris at EROLS.COM>
Subject: Advaita and Sringeri web-sites
Comments: To: Advaita-L <advaita-l at tamu.edu>
Comments: cc: Vidyasankar Sundaresan <vidya at cco.caltech.edu>

Since Vidyasankar will be leaving Caltech soon, I thought it would be a
good idea to put the Sringeri pages on erols. Then I realized it would
be better to preserve the structure as it is now.

Please take a look at the following web-sites:

http://www.erols.com/ramakris/sringeri/sringeri.html - for the Sringeri
pages

http://www.erols.com/ramakris/advaita/advaita.html - for the Advaita
vedanata home page

Vidyasankar's pages are active for now. You should be able to access
those pages for some more time.

I had some problems with ftp-ing the gif files to erols. For some reason
they were cut in half, were fuzzy or just disappeared. I tried the same
thing a few more times and I had no problem! If anyone can tell me the
reason for this seemingly random phenomena I'd be grateful! (I did set
the mode to binary when I was ftp-ing)

Another curious thing about ftp. I had originally ftp-ed the files from
Vidyasankar's account and then ftp-ed it to my erols account. Almost all
the images didn't come out right. But when I saved the gifs using
netscape and then ftp-ed to erols (though I had to do it more than once)
everything was OK. Truly mysterious!

Anyway, some of the links in the web-pages above may not be correct. If
you find any, please inform me. Thanks.

Rama.