No subject

Vaidya N. Sundaram sundaram at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Mon Jul 27 09:38:16 CDT 1998

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998 Gummuluru Murthy writes:
[ ... ]

> (c) As I commented to Shri Ravi sometime ago, the debate is not a
> debate if the messenger is attacked rather than the message. It is
> unfortunate that it has become a modern debating practice; it takes
> attention away from the message and, distastefully, the messenger
> becomes the attention point.
[ ... ]
> (f) In all my posts uptill now, I have never attacked the messenger's
> personal integrity and I would like to keep it that way.

Namaskaram.

 I fail to see how, when you say that the messenger should not be
attacked, you at the same time can say the above as well as ...

> I do not want to comment on Shri Giridhar's mixing up my interpretation
> and giving it a flavour which he likes to put on it.

[ ... ]

 and also say ...

> (d) Shri Giridhar does not know anything about me. He has not seen
> my face, nor known any personal details about me, nor my personal
> values. Yet, he quotes, (and by quoting, he assents), a long diatribe
> by The Hindu on NRI's ....

 Every one of the numbered arguments start with "Shri Giridhar". Are you
not doing exactly what you do not want others to do ? : namely, put the
"messenger" under the microscope?

Cheers,
Vaidya.

                      Vaidya N. Sundaram
 The place, time, objects and their knower etc., projected in a dream
during sleep are all mithyA (an illusion/false). So too, here. in the
waking state, the world that is seen is a projection by one's own
ignorance. Likewise, this body, the senses, the breath, the ego etc.,
are all unreal. Therefore, That thou art, the peaceful, defectless,
supreme, non-dual Brahman.  -- Adi Shankara in VivekacUdAmani.