Chaturmasa

Vaidya N. Sundaram sundaram at ECN.PURDUE.EDU
Tue Jul 7 13:42:35 CDT 1998

>  these two is equivalent to controlling all the senses. The tongue is
>  controlled by regulating the food intake by fasting, moderation in
>  eating, etc.

 I have often heard the greatness of observing the Ekadashi fast. Could
knowledgeable list members post on exactly what constitutes an Ekadashi
vratam. What are the rules of fasting. Completely giving up food, are you
allowed to eat the night before Ekadashi?  etc.

Thank you.

Vaidya.

                      Vaidya N. Sundaram
                    E-Mail: vaidya at purdue.edu
  Home:  #2, 101 Russell St     | School: MGL B309B; ph:49-49367
       West Lafayette,IN 47906  | Purdue University
           (765) 743 4474       | West Lafayette,IN 47907
             http://ecn.purdue.edu/~vaidya

 Kandavar Vindilar      : Those who have seen (Brahman) have not spoken
  Vindavar Kandilar     :   those who speak (about It) have not seen (It)