maniiShaapa~nchakam.h, Part 7

MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM MANTRALAURA at DELPHI.COM
Sun Jan 25 21:13:25 CST 1998

sarvebhyo namaH,
  This is maniiShaapa~nchakam.h, Part 7,
shloka 4:

  yaa tiryak.h-nara-devataabhirahamityantaH
sphuTaa gR^ihyate
  yadbhaasaa hR^idayaakShadehaviShayaa
bhaanti svato.achetanaaH |
  taaM bhaasyaiH pihitaarkamaNDalanibhaaM
sphuurti sadaa bhaavayan.h
  yogii nirvr^itamaanaso hi gururityerShaa
maniiShaa mama || 4 ||

  "That (Awareness), clearly experienced as
'I' by animals, human beings, and gods, by
the light of which (Awareness) the mind, the
sense organs, the body and the objects shine,
though by themselves they are inert, the yogi
ever contemplating upon that Awareness which
is (as though) concealed by the (mind, the
sense organs, the body), illumined like the
orb of the sun even (when) covered by the clouds
(and because of which), who is fulfilled at
heart, is indeed my guru. This is my firm
conviction. (4)"

dhanyavaadaH,
  Mantralaura

P.S.  I promise to answer all comments and
inquiries after posting the final verse (after
Monday night).  Please be patient.