THE SOCIAL MESSAGE OF THE GITA

Mon Jan 5 12:38:21 CST 1998

This is not the time or place for a long sermon on why modern Hinduism is
evil.  Suffice it to say there is hardly one true word in this entire
article.  Let me know if you want details.

The Mahabharat war ended with the slaughter of almost all participants.
Unless Mr. Aggarwals idea of lokasangrah is mrtyulokasangrah  I don't see
how he could have got such an idea from the Gita.  Krishna Bhagawan
teaches Arjuna to act dispassionately but by action He means the duties of
caste not some insipid social work.  It is Arjuna who believes in
lokasangrah.  He wonders if it isn't better to give up his kingdom rather
than fight a terrible war.  His view is rejected.