naaraayaNa gaayatrii

Ravi Mayavaram msr at REDDY20.TAMU.EDU
Tue Feb 24 09:14:58 CST 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> Or you could chant the latest hit form the Spice Girls which would have
> about as much spiritual effect as somebodies made up puja.  The Vishnu
> gayatri doesn't occur anywhere in the [sic]morning puja.
>
> --

namaskAram shrI Vyas,

I find this response by  you  unnecessarily rude and offensive.
I request you to refrain from such responses.

There is nothing wrong if a svAmiji creates a format for the sake his
disciples and other for morning and evening pUja. For many who are not
initiated to practices like sandhya vandanam, it is a good starting
point if they wish to do something. Besides, if one does not want
he/she need not use it.

You may be knowledgeable in some respects and your knowledge in
vedanta may be useful. But I certainly do not need that if does not
come with vinayam.

Once shrI Chandran remarked that you are one of
those who defend orthodox  vedanta tradition and people should not
get upset about it. So much for it. I am and many in the list are just
a phone call away from their home in India to get the right view from
elders.  I can go one step and say this, when I left India, one of my
orthodox friends in Madras asked why I wanted become an outcaste. In
that sense from his point of view someone who is born and raised
outside India is an outcaste anyway and too much for such a one to
defend vedanta. People draw a line which is orthodox and which is not
based on their own convenience. Personally to me sincerity in quest
for self-realization and earnestness alone matters.

Personally I can take any kind of rude remarks and flames, but not in
this forum. In fact I have lived through such remarks in
Soc.Culture.Tamil and newsgroups like that. I definitely do not want
anyone on this list to talk badly about  svAmijis and saints of any
tradition in this forum. To me that is more important than
anything.

In Tamil there is a  kuRal which says

guNam enum kuNRERi ninRaan vekuLin
ganamEyum kaaththal arithu

If a great saint get angered for a moment, for an unjust criticism
against him, you cannot stand it even for a second.

I apologize to shrI mantraLaura and their gurukulam, for such harsh
remarks made in the list in the past and now,  and ask for their
forgiveness.

dhanyavaad

Ravi

mInalochani pAshamochani