Fwd: Re: New member introduction: shrI Vivek Nittor

Krishna Vaidyanathan kkvaidya at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 31 13:39:08 CST 1998

>I know that this has nothing to do with Advaita as propounded by Sri
>Sankara, but I would really like to know the difference between
Smartaas
>and other sects of Sanatan Dharma. Are Smartaas those who worship Siva,
>Visnu and Shakti ?

Smartas are the ones who follow the smriti. In fact the word Smarta is
derived from the word smriti. They are followers of Sankara too.

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:06:29 -0600
To: List for advaita vedanta as taught by Shri Shankara
        <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ravisankar Mayavaram <msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU>
Subject: AmnAya stotram.h | Final verse ||

AmnAya stotram.h paThanAdihAmutra cha sadgatim.h |
prApyAnte mokShamApnoti dehA.nte nAtra samshayaH || 22 ||

|| ityAmnAya stotram.h ||

Reading the AmnAya stotram.h one attains benefits here in this
world and sadgati (good course) in the other. Also one will
attain mokSha and will not be born in a body again, and there is
no doubt about it.

It is traditional to give a phalashruti at the end of the
shlokam.

--
Ravi