Ganapati Homa and Puja at Wappingers Falls, New York

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 25 09:21:38 CDT 1998

  || shrI gaNeshAya namaH ||

 A group of us are conducting a sahasra modaka gaNapati homa and
 pUjA at the Hindu Samaj Temple in Wappingers Falls, NY. Everyone is
 invited. The sahasra modaka gaNapati homa is done with the chanting
 of the GaNapati-atharva-shiirshha-upanishhad. At the end of each
 of the first ten mantras of the upanishhad, a modaka is offered
 as oblation. If the number of performers is ten, then a hundred
 modakas will have been offered at the end of each recitation of the
 upanishhad. A total of ten such recitations will require that one
 thousand modakas be offered.

 The details of the program are as follows:

 DATE:  AUGUST 29, 1998 (Saturday)

 7:30 AM      Ganapati Suprabhatam
              Ganapati puja
              Kalasha Aradhana
 8:30 AM      Sahasra Modaka Ganapati Homa

 11:00 AM     Poornahuti
 11:30 AM     Ganapati Abhishekam
 12:00 Noon   Alankara Archana (Krishna Bhat)
 12:30 PM     Prakarotsavam  (Utsava Murthy procession around temple)
  1:00 PM     Arati/Prasad (lunch)

 If you would like to sponsor any event please contact the temple
 priest, Krishna Bhat at (914)297-9061.

 Directions to Hindu Samaj Temple & Community Center:

 From New Jersey take Garden State Parkway or Rt. 17 North to New York
 State Thruway (I-87) to Newburgh exit 17 to I-84 East. Take Exit 13
 off I-84 (Rt 9). Go North 5 miles on Route 9. Take Right on Dutchess
 28 East (Old Hopewell Rd at 7-11 Store). Go 3 Miles. Take Left on
 Dutchess 94 North at Traffic Light (All Angels Rd). Within a mile,
 Opposite Chinese Christian Church, Take Right on Brown Road. The
 Hindu Temple entrance is within one hundred feet on the left.