Shri Krishna Janmashtami

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 14 13:44:03 CDT 1998

 Today happens to be the day when the birthday of Krishna is
 celebrated.

 Please see the following article for more details on this
 observance and for the shrIkR^ishNAShTakam.h attributed to
 Shankara:

 http://www.hindunet.org/alt_hindu/1995_Aug_1/msg00070.html

 The same article is also available at :

 http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1415/sanskrit.html

 I had problems connecting to the jaguar.cs.utah.edu site which is
 also supposed to carry the article.

 There is  a fairly elaborate Krishna Janmashtami Puja description
 at :

 http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8891/krishna.txt

 But please bear in mind such rituals are best learned from a
 Guru, not from manuals; such manuals are good sources of reference.

 Anand