buddha and his teachings(Re: message to my friends)

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Thu Aug 13 13:22:30 CDT 1998

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, f. maiello wrote:
> into its unborne, unknowable, inscrutable Source.  Moreover,
> although Gaudapada and Sankara decried Buddha's teaching--
> which, I submit, was due to the prevailing depreciation of
> the Sanatana Dharma in those days, both Bhagavan RM and
> Ramakrishna spoke highly of him.)
>
> namaste

I request the members not to shift the focus towards shrI buddha
and his teachings. If some one wants to make a scholarly post
comparing the teachings of buddha with advaita-vedanta with the
purpose of clarifying and explaining certain concepts in
advaita-vedanta, they are welcome to send it to me. I will post
it to the list based on its worth. If I cannot decide by myself,
I will consult with others and decide.

As such, discussion on nAstika philosophies like buddhism,
jainism, etc. is not permitted on this list. Please avoid it.

Thanks

Ravi