message to my friends

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Mon Aug 10 19:40:13 CDT 1998

> Not real *apart* from its Foundation, but [*as a strategy* I think it's
> best to regard it as] a real manifestation of brahman (viz. saguna
> brahman or brahman's lila),

Aside from strategy, what is the philosophical position about whether the
world is a real manifestation or otherwise? Or is there nothing beyond
strategy?

I think any sound theory of knowledge has to take into account a theory of
ignorance and a theory of error. It is up to a person, who considers
himself/herself ignorant, to go and search for ways to remove the
ignorance. And there can be theoretically as many strategies as there are
living beings in this world.

Vidyasankar