Siva Sahasranama (fwd)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Thu Aug 6 18:00:56 CDT 1998

The Siva Sahasranamam is not very well-known. Perhaps, Anand or Ravi or
someone else on this list can help the following gentleman out?

Thanks,
Vidyasankar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 18:03:49 -0500
From: A. Chandrasekaran <arunsekar at tntech.edu>
To: vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Subject: Siva Sahasranama

I am trying to get some information on Siva Sahasranama and how and when
it is to be  recited and so on. Are there any books on the sahasranam
itself? I have only copies of the text published by Ramakrishna Mutt in
Madras and text with meaning in Tamil and English by Swami
Chitbhavananda of Ramakrishna Tapovanam near Tiruchirappali. I could
find no other literature on the Sahasranama till now. I would be
grateful if you can give some information about this. We are at present
reciting it every Pradosham day. I do not find it done at the temple.
There Rudra Trishati is recited.

Thanking you and with best wishes,

Chandrasekaran, A
915 Walton trail