retirement from the forum

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ISC.TAMU.EDU
Mon Aug 3 10:41:52 CDT 1998

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

> Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:

<some parts deleted>

> For people who are new to this list: When it was started originally all
> the people initially were interested in sha.nkara and the tradition
> associated with him. As time went by, since the word advaita is being
> bandied about in a very loose sense, many people with no interest in
> sha.nkara joined. In particular, some members from some
> so-called-lineage were creating havoc by posting nonsense all the while.
> Initially I just ignored all these people hoping that they'ld stop.
> Unfortunately that did not happen. Unfortunately, the side effect was
> any meaningful posts got drowned in this type of stuff. My motive in
> being in the list is largely selfish. What I am looking for is posts
> like what Anand posted recently. I have read the post on the Rudram
> quite a few times already. I am in no mood to let this kind of good
> stuff drowned by stuff irrelevant to this list.

I agree with you on what you say. This is list if for the
discussion on advaita vedanta taught by shrI shankara. If we keep
the focus on that, every minute spent of the list will become
very very valuable. As you pointed out shrI Anand's example, mail
messages of that quality make one to read and re-read to
understand it completely.

I request the members to focus their attention on shrI shankara's
teachings.

Ravi