1 does not equal 0.(was, (nibbana) = (Nirguna Brahman) ?)

Harry Fleenor hfleenor at BEACHNET.GEN.CA.US
Mon Sep 29 22:26:30 CDT 1997

>>> Prashant wrote,

>>> If you don't know, who knows?

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote,

>>If no one knows why bring it up?  The subject is difficult enough without
>>adding further obfuscation.

To explain the comparison to the quantum field refer the
following,from the book "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra.;

"The same idea about mater is conveyed, for example, to the Hindu by the
cosmic dance of the god Shiva as to the physicist by certain aspects of
quantum field theory. Both the dancing god and the physical theory are
creations of the mind: models to explain their authors' intuition of
reality."

Nobody can *know* reality as Sankara says in "Vivekachudamani"
"The Suprema Self is self-efulgent with manifold powers, incapable of
being known by anyone, and yet experienced by everyone as "I-I" in ;the heart."

>From a translation by Ramana Maharshi in the book "The Collected Works of
Ramana Majarshi by Arthur Osborne

I meant no disrespect to Mr. Prashant. I am only trying to show that the Idea
of Oneness and of nothingness are only mental and both Ideas are common to
Advaitists, Bhuddists and Physicists.

Be Joyously Awake! :)
Harry Fleenor
hfleenor at beachnet.gen.ca.us