On rudeness

Fri Sep 26 01:21:06 CDT 1997

Certainly we should not engage in ad hominem attacks.  (And if you think
I've gone over the line I'd like to know about it because that certainly
is not my intention.)  At the same time though we should not hesitate to
speak out from some phony sense of tolerance or politeness.  A good point
was raised that when we engage in pointless bickering, we are not setting
a good example for children.  If we stand by and let ignorance and evil
flourish we are setting an even worse example.  Thereare people who are
mistaken about the teachings of Vedanta.  They may have the best of
intentions but that doesn't make them any more right.  We do not do them
any favors by allowing them to continue with mistaken assumptions.

Also while rudeness is bad nettiquete off-topic posts are also bad
nettiquete.  Let's stick to the stated topic of the list as explained by
the listkeeper.

I intend to call attention to any examples of sloppy thinking, incorrect
information or distortions of the Siddhanta that I come accross to the
best of my ability. If people have a problem with that, I suggest they
unsubscribe now.

I got engaged! See the pictures ==> http://www.braincells.com/jaldhar/sagpan