doership, pre-ordained etc

Williams, Pat WilliamsP at ZEUS.DT.UH.EDU
Mon Sep 22 08:23:19 CDT 1997

Ravi:

It's a rainy Monday morning, I've just arrived at my workplace, and this
post of yours is one of the first things I see.  This is a wonderful
reminder of where we need to keep ourselves focused always.  Thanks for
your thoughts.  This is the best service that such an e-mail list can
provide -- practical assistance to each other in actually REALIZING the
truth, while also providing the opportunity to discuss these matters.
I've heard that Sathya Sai Baba once responded to a question about
whether we have free will or not by saying something like "No, you dont,
but you must act as if you do."  I don't know if he really said it, but
that's always struck me as an apt way to think about the matter.

Love to all.
Patrick S. Williams
Department of Social Sciences
University of Houston-Downtown