RUDRAKSHAS

Chelluri at AOL.COM Chelluri at AOL.COM
Sun Sep 7 09:42:50 CDT 1997

>From ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU Mon Sep  8 13:54:54 1997
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:54:54 -0500
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: anand_hudli at BMC.BOEHRINGER-MANNHEIM.COM
Subject: Maanasa-yaatraa to the 12 Jyotirlinga's - Vaidyanath
Comments: To: advaita-l at tamu.edu

  puurvottare prajvalikaanidhaane
   sadaa vasantaM girijaasametaM |
  suraaasuraaraadhita-paadapadmaM
   shriivaidyanaathaM tamahaM namaami ||

  puurvottare - In the northeast
  prajvalikaanidhaane - in the place chitaabhuumi
  sadaa - always
  vasantaM - residing
  girijaasametaM - accompanied by Girijaa (Paarvatii)
  suraaasuraaraadhita - worshipped by the gods and  asuras
  paadapadmaM - lotus feet
  shriivaidyanaathaM - Shrii Vaidyanaatha
  tamahaM namaami - I bow to that

  I bow to Shrii Vaidyanaatha who always resides in the northeastern
  chitaabhuumi, accompanied by Girijaa (Paarvatii) and whose lotus feet
  are worshipped by gods and asuras alike.

  About Vaidyanath: The details I could find out are very sketchy.
  According to one verse which says "paralyaaM vaidyanaathaM", the Jyotirlinga
  called Vaidyanaatha is in Paralii, near Parbhani in Maharashtra. But as per
  the Shiva PuraaNa statement, "vaidyanaathaM chitaabhuumau", the Jyotirlinga
  is at chitaabhuumi in the northeast. I have been unable to find any more
  details about this place which could be in northeastern India or in
  Bangladesh. Is Chittagong the same as Chitaabhuumi?  Vaidyanath is a common
  name among Aiyar families. Could someone please comment?

  Anand