Non-reality of the world

Greg Goode goode at DPW.COM
Wed Oct 15 10:11:59 CDT 1997

At 11:50 AM 10/15/97 -0230, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

>Thus, I would assume a jnani like Krishna sees only non-duality in
>everything. Isn't seeing non-duality in everything better ("better" is
>not the right word here, but I am not sure which word is better.) than
>seeing duality and interpreting it as only a superposition ?

Yes it certainly would be better, but SEEING non-duality in everything is
different from being INTELLECTUALLY CONVINCED that there is non-duality in
everything.  Most of us on this list are intellectually convinced that all
there is, is non-duality.  But if we really SEE everything that way, then
there will be no identification with pain, suffering, no sense of personal
do-ership, and it will be natural to see things as Krishna does (in the
part that I snipped from Gummuluru's message).

Don't you think it's a matter of Grace (not choice) as to whether we
actually can see non-duality in everything?  If it were up to our egos,
then we'd push a button and make it happen now, no study, no sadhana (The
McDonald's School of Enlightenment).  We'd be blissful all the time!

--Greg