Questions

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Sat Nov 15 18:51:37 CST 1997

My 18 year-old daughter has recently started thinking about advaita,
and is presently studying  "Self unfoldment" by Swami Chinmayananda.
She has a few questions which she is hoping this group will clear.
Her questions follow.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy

Dear Group,

Hello my name is Sujji Murthy. As my father stated I am an interested
member our a self unfoldment group. I am currently trying very hard to
reach Satyam, Bramacharaya and ahimsa. I truly have the desire to become
integrated. My question is: Wouldn't you reach Ahimsa automatically if you
have satyam because by reaching satyam you are totally harmoniuos in mind
speech and action and thus you wouldn't have any negative thoughts.

In regards to happiness, how do you obtain it? My teacher says that
inanimate objects will not give you happiness. But how do you quiet the
mind? Is it through satyam?
These are my questions? If you could help me out please email me.
My address is v72skm at morgan.ucs.mun.ca

Thank you very much for your time.

Sujji