Fear

Allan Curry acurry at UVIC.CA
Sun Nov 2 12:51:01 CST 1997

Namaskar

Gummuluru writes:

>    They are the six great obstacles for the purification of
>    the mind: they are kAma, krodha, lobha, moha, mada,
>    mAtsarya (desire, anger, miserliness, passion, pride,
>    jealousy or envy respectively).
                [...]
>    It follows that the cause for fear is within our
>    intellectual self. The intellectual self, being a slave
>    of these six great enemies, feels the fear. The mind,
>    propagating the intellect's submission (for these six
>    great enemies), makes the jeeva afraid of unreal things.
>    Once the intellect gets control of the six enemies,
>    there will be no fear any more.

I think there is a great deal of truth in what you say
here and I am reminded about something the New Testament
says, "love casteth out fear" or something to that
effect. Maybe love can overcome the six great enemies.
God is Love and we become God when we love God completely.
That undifferentiated Oneness is also the fruit of the
jnana path (IMO). Do others agree?

Jai Ambe indeed!

-Allan Curry