Dream VS. Reality

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Tue May 27 12:03:03 CDT 1997

Namaste

One thread concerns the non-difference between waking states and
dream states. I'm still not convinced there are not significant
ontological differences between the two...

For instance:

During lucid dreams I know that I am I and everything else is my dream.
I am therefore able to act like a god and on occasion do just that.
There is no corelate of this in the waking state. I think this can be
explained by the dream being manufactured entirely by the mind whereas
the waking state (ie. our perception of the physical world) is manufactured
by the mind using the input data received through the senses from the
outside world. If the waking state were entirely produced by the mind then
lucid dream effects should be possible to anyone in the waking state who
can utilise them in the dream state. Such is not the case. Schizophrenics
produce their own worlds during the waking state but we quite rightly
judge their worlds as being illusory and our worlds as being more real
than theirs and more real than our own dream worlds for the same reason.

-Allan Curry