The Real World

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Sun May 25 17:00:36 CDT 1997

Namaste

laxman shenoy writes:

>The meaning we have for the world "real" in vedanta is not the same as
>the
>english meaning. In our discussions we are trying to assign the english
>meaning to the vedantic concept and thus running around in circles.
>
>The physical world exists...the trees, the earth and the galaxy.

Given that Gaudapada says, "This is the highest Truth, that nothing is ever
born" did you perhaps mean to say "The physical world *seems* to exist" ?
..... "the trees, the earth and the galaxy *seem* to exist" ???

I always thought it was the world that was represented by the snake in the
snake-in-the-rope analogy. Please, Advaita Vedanta experts, clear up this
confusion... Is it true in Advaita Vedanta that "The physical world exists"
???

HUMOR=ON

Maybe God was misquoted in the Jewish bible's book of Genesis and actually
said, " IF there was light..."   instead of "Let there be light"!  :-)
       ^^^^
HUMOR=OFF

-Allan Curry