Psychology VS. Ontology

Allan Curry un824 at FREENET.VICTORIA.BC.CA
Sat May 24 23:09:38 CDT 1997

Namaste

Because the point is important to me, I will rephrase it in a simpler
(hopefully less ambiguous) way:

How can the jnani *know* that their experience of non-duality is not simply
an alternate mode of brain functioning in which subjects and objects either
do not appear or appear differently than they used to?

I *want* to be convinced that jnanam is *not* created by the brain. If you
can help remove this doubt, I would be very grateful.  (I'm checking the
reference to GK-III)

Sincerely,

Allan Curry

P.S.
Can Advaita Vedanta allow an interpretation that awareness (with or without
an object) is created by the brain? I think not, but what do you say?