Katha upanishhad: verse II.3.9 &12

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Thu May 15 16:15:03 CDT 1997

An addendum to my earlier posting on this topic:

On Thu, 15 May 1997, Gummuluru Murthy wrote:

> References given by Charles give how Atman cannot be grasped [my
                                                       ^^^^^^^
> understanding: by mind as we know, i.e. the mind that is subservient to
> the sense organs]. This verse [Katha u. II.3.9] says how Atman reveals to
> a maniisha [manasabhik.lpto] to a purified internally directed mind.

I used the word grasped above, knowing that it may not be the appropriate
word. I followed Radhakrishnan's usage [Principal Upanishhads] in the
context of Mandukya u. verse referred by Charles.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Sarvaagamaanaa maachaarah prathamam parikalpathe !
                                          Sage Vyasa in Maha Bharatha

For all (incoming) knowledge, discipline is the most fundamental.