Time Bound

Mark Hovila hovila at FOXINTERNET.NET
Mon Jun 30 17:36:00 CDT 1997

Yes, of course we should accept that war occurs, or that there is violence
within ourselves.  The alternative to acceptance is denial, or
self-deception.  Do I mean that we should approve of war, violence, etc?
Certainly not.  But again, if we find ourselves approving of it, we should
accept the fact that we approve of it.  The word "accept" often gives
people trouble, as it has multiple meanings.  I simply mean we should face
the facts, unpleasant as they may seem.  Our egos are very selective in
what they accept.  They may choose to accept only the good things about
ourselves, or some may choose to accept only the bad things.  If we truly
are able to face What Is, without judgment or interpretation, the ego has
no more role.

Mark

> From: Martin Gifford <marting at NSWCC.ORG.AU>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Time Bound
> Date: Sunday, June 29, 1997 11:39 PM
>
> At 11:18 PM 27/06/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Dear Nageswar,
> >
> >To expand on my earlier post, when I say meditation is facing the facts,
> >me that is the same as saying meditation is facing (or accepting) God.
God